Airservices Australia

Image - Airservices Australia

Government-owned corporation providing safe and environmentally sound air traffic control management and related airside services to the aviation industry.


Airservices Australia will be an efficient provider of air traffic management and aviation rescue and fire fighting services with an international reputation for excellence in safety, innovation and environmental performance.

Responsibility

Facilities

Airservices Australia has a fixed asset base of $609 million across 600 sites including two major centres in Melbourne and Brisbane, 26 towers at international and regional airports, and Aviation Rescue and Fire Fighting services at 20 of the nation’s busiest airports.

Location

Alan Woods Building
25 Constitution Avenue Canberra ACT 2601
Australia

Telephone: 
+61 2 6268 4111 or 1300 301 120
Fax: 
+61 2 6268 5683

Those who visit 'Airservices Australia' also found interest in following Government organization . . .
  • Copterline operates emergency and medical service helicopters in three bases, in Varkaus, Vaasa and Oulu.

    Copterline uses four Eurocopter 135 helicopters for the operation.

  • The Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) was established on 6 July 1995 as an independent statutory authority. CASA is a body corporate separate from the Commonwealth.

  • The need of provision of safe conduct of aviation, gave rise to the founding of the Civil Aviation Sector on 14 December 1992, within the Ministry of Planning, Construction, Traffic and Environment, a

  • Austro Control is responsible for safety throughout Austrian airspace.

  • Strategically located in relation to South East Asia, Europe and Africa, Perth Airport is Australia’s fourth largest airport in terms of passenger traffic and is the winner of the Australian Airports

  • The management of the airports in Turkey and provision of the air traffic service and its control in Turkish Airspace is performed by General Directorate of State Airports Authority (DHMI).

  • The GCAA was established in 1930 as a unit with Public Works Department (PWD); in 1953 GCAA was granted Departmental Status.