Mactan Cebu International Airport

Mactan Cebu International Airport

The Mactan Cebu International Airport is located in Mactan Island, province of Cebu in Central Philippines and connected to Cebu City, the provincial capital 20 kilometers due southwest, through the Mactan-Mandaue bridge. The airport is about 600 kilometers of the Ninoy Aquino (Manila) International Airport (NAIA) and serves as the southern hub of the air transportation system of the Philippines. Mactan Cebu International Airport is ideally and strategically located that travel time is only 3 to 4 hours to fourteen (14) cities in Asia Pacific. It is a vital international gateway to the country's economic prosperity.


It started operations in the mid 1960's as the replacement of the Lahug Airport, which was situated within Cebu City and had no more room for expansion due to safety and physical constraints. It was then expanded and further developed to be truly deserving to its name – Mactan (Cebu ) International Airport.

Mactan Cebu International Airport is a major trade center in the south for both domestic and international traffic. Its traffic is continually increasing and is now serving 668 commercial flights weekly transporting 10,905 passengers daily. Wide bodied aircrafts such as A319, A320, A321, A300, A330 and B737 have been introduced in international flights in Mactan and in the domestic trunk routes.

Mactan Cebu International Airport reported recently an average of 173 daily aircraft operations (landings and take-offs). About 55% of the flight operations at Mactan-Cebu International Airport are commercial carriers while the remaining 45% are military aircrafts and general aviation operations.

Location

Mactan Cebu International Airport
Airport Road Lapu-Lapu City,
Cebu, CEB 6016
Philippines

Contact Info
Telephone: 
+6332 340-2486
Email: 
Contact Form

Those who browsed 'Mactan Cebu International Airport' also found interest in following airports . . .
  • Cebu Pacific (CEB), the low fare leader in the Philippines entered the market on March 1996 and pioneered the "low fare, great value" strategy in the local aviation industry.

  • Nanjing Lukou International Airport is located in Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province, south-east, a straight-line distance from Nanjing Center.

  • Queenstown Airport is situated in the Wakatipu Basin. They are within a short drive to Queenstown, which is regarded by many as the the "adventure capital of the world".

  • Cochin International Airport, also known as Nedumbassery Airport, is located at Nedumbassery, near Kochi, Kerala in India.

  • Beijing Capital International Airport is located in northeast of Beijing, capital of People's Republic of China, and 25.35km from the Tiananmen Square, center of Beijing city.

  • U-Tapao is the home of a large Thai Airways maintenance facility, servicing that airline's aircraft as well as those of other customers.

  • H Operationally Hamilton International Airport boasts the fourth longest commercial runway in New Zealand and provides travellers with a gateway to the Central North Island.