Cottbus - Neuhausen Airport

Cottbus - Neuhausen Airport

1935: purchase of land by the Municipality of Cottbus and the facility of an aerodrome as an alternative for use by the Wehrmacht Cottbus Flugplatz.


1944 - February 1945 using the Focke-Wulf plant in Cottbus the airfield to fly their aircraft FW-190 and adjustment of on-board weapons.

1952: Founding of the Society for Sport and Technology (GST).

1989: Award of the airport by the International Aviation Federation (FAI) with the "diplomas d 'Honneur".

1991: return of the land and property in the possession of the city of Cottbus and development to the local airport.

The airport company Cottbus / Neuhausen mbH was founded in 1991 with the aim of the former airfield of the Society for Sport and Technology as a landing site for the public to develop.

Since 1999, the airport company is a subsidiary of Stadtwerke Cottbus GmbH.

Mid 2000: Opening of the zoning amendment procedure for rotation of the runway and the procedure for confirmation of the sub-zoning.

January 2007: After multiple alterations and renovations, the new flight school in operation. In the new branch of the Flight Center Milan start the first two flight students the theoretical and practical training.

September 2007: Approval of rotation of the rail system to the new take-off and landing direction 29/11, so the current Sart-off and landing direction except 27/09 and 18/36 operation.

Javascript is required to view this map.

Location

Cottbus - Neuhausen Airport Verkehrslandeplatz Cottbus / Neuhausen
Air surveillance, Neuhausen 03058
Germany

Contact Info
Telephone: 
+49 (0) 35605 261
Email: 
Contact Form

Dresden-Klotzsche Weather info
Clear sky

Location of this weather station:
76.2 km Southwest

Reported on:
Tue, 2018-10-16 08:50


Those who browsed 'Cottbus - Neuhausen Airport' also found interest in following airports . . .
  • The airfield Jesenwang exist since 43 years. After the closure of the airfield Munich Oberwiesenfeld in 1965 won the aerodrome Jesenwang increasingly important.

  • In 1914, construction of a grass airfield in the borough of Ans. The Germans take possession of the field on 8 August 1914.

    In 1914 - 1918, the Germans convert Bierset airfield into an aerodrome.

  • When the offshore industry started during the early 1960s, the municipality of Den Helder decided to open a small heliport at the edge of the town.

  • In 1937, creation of the Aérodrome Avignon-Caumont.

    In 1974, tripartite financing agreement with investment the city of Avignon and the General Council.

  • In 1919, Belgian King Albert the First opens the first flight school at the Gosselies airfield.

  • The hotel features are the latest in hotel comfort, whether for business trevellers, conference delegates or holiday makers.

  • Ardmore Airport was established in 1943 at the request of the US Airforce for use as an operational base during WW II.