Bristol International Airport

Bristol International Airport

Bristol International Airport is located at Lulsgate Bottom in North Somerset, is the commercial airport serving the city of Bristol, England. In 2003, the airport drew 45% of its passengers from the former county of Avon area, 13% from Devon, 10% from Somerset and 10% from Wales.


In March 1997 the airport's name was changed to Bristol International Airport, and in December 1997 51% of the airport company was sold to FirstGroup plc, while the remaining 49% was retained by Bristol City Council. A new terminal building was built in April 1999 and opened in March 2000. In 2000, passenger numbers exceeded two million for the first time.

During World War II, Bristol's Whitchurch Airport was the only civil airport still in operation in the UK, meaning all flights usually bound for London were terminated in Bristol. The newly formed British Overseas Airways Corporation were dispersed to Whitchurch from Croydon and Gatwick Airports. They operated on routes to Lisbon, Portugal and to some other neutral nations.

In 2008 it was the ninth busiest airport in the United Kingdom, handling 6,267,114 passengers, a 5.7% increase since 2007 making Bristol the fastest growing of the ten largest UK airports in 2008.

Javascript is required to view this map.

Location

Bristol International Airport
Bristol BS48 3DY
United States

Contact Info
Telephone: 
0871 334 4444

Bristol / Lulsgate Weather info
No significant clouds

Location of this weather station:
0.8 km West-Southwest

Reported on:
Sat, 2018-02-17 11:20


Those who browsed 'Bristol International Airport ' also found interest in following airports . . .
  • London Heathrow is the world's busiest international airport, serving over 180 destinations in more than 90 countries.

  • Following an important building construction and renovation, the Languedoc's Béziers/Cap d'Agde Airport proudly proposes four international flights: Bristol and London, England; Dusseldorf, Germany: a

  • Glasgow International Airport is located 6 NM (11 km; 6.9 mi) west of Glasgow city centre, near the towns of Paisley and Renfrew in Renfrewshire, Scotland.

  • Aberdeen Airport is the gateway to Europe’s energy capital, serving more than three million travellers a year.

  • London Stansted Airport is Britain's third-busiest airport, offering flights to more than 160 destinations in over 30 countries and serving 22.8 million passengers a year.

  • Birmingham International Airport is celebrating its 70th Anniversary and since its first ever flight in May 1939, the Airport has grown from strength to strength to become the Midlands gateway to the

  • Southampton Airport aims to be the local airport you can breeze through.